The NPDA is a relatively young organization, but has already become one of the largest debate organizations in the United States. The NPDA National tournament in March typically draws over 200 teams for competition that crowns a national champion, and there are usually several tournaments to choose from on almost every weekend of the academic year.
This is one section of the website in which we can use your help. We’d like to include more of the past history of the NPDA. Here’s what is available now:
- Prof. Al Johnson of the Colorado College has started one early history of the NPDA.
- Season Sweepstakes Results (many of these still need additional information):
- NPDA-Irish Debates: Each year at NPDA Nationals, a team of Irish debaters debates against a team of debaters selected by the NPDA. We’re still looking for some resolutions, as well as names of debaters.
- Past NPDA leaders: We’re looking for information on some of our past student representatives.
- Past copies of the NPDA Constitution and Bylaws:
- Western States Parliamentary Association Constitution (1992) (PDF, 125k)
- Constitution (different versions)
- Bylaws (different versions)